“Before the US economy disintegrates into nothingness — Will any so-called expert out there also notice that the WHO Director caused a global coronavirus panic over a basic math error?
The controversial Ethiopian politician and Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO), Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, claimed in a press conference in early March that the fatality rate for the coronavirus was many multiples that of the fatality rate of the common flu.
This egregiously false premise has led to the greatest economic panic in world history.
The Director General of the WHO spoke on March 3, 2020 and shared this related to the coronavirus:
While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, COVID-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity. That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.
Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.
Here is the video of Dr. Ghebreyesus’s remarks.
THIS STATEMENT LED TO THE GREATEST PANIC IN WORLD HISTORY AS THE GLOBAL ELITE MEDIA SHARED AND REPEATED THAT THE CORONAVIRUS WAS MANY, MANY TIMES MORE DEADLY THAN THE COMMON FLU.
THE PROBLEM IS HIS STATEMENT IS FALSE.
IT WAS NOT ACCURATE!
As The Gateway Pundit reported Monday, the coronavirus mortality rate reported by the media as stated by Dr. Ghebreyesus is completely inaccurate.
Here’s a summary of the analysis updated with today’s latest numbers proving the Director General’s statement was very misleading and materially false:
N/A – not available
A look at the numbers:
** Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus used the actual number of deaths due to coronavirus divided by confirmed cases to get his 3.4% mortality rate number (from last week -since that time the mortality rate based on current reported numbers is near 4%)
** Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus then compared the actual coronavirus mortality rate to an estimated flu mortality rate of 0.1% — The US flu mortality rate is based on an estimated 22,000 deaths divided by an estimated 36 million flu cases giving a 0.1% mortality rate.
** Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus compared known numbers for coronavirus (3.4 percent mortality rate) but did not include the estimated number of those infected who are asymtomatic. This number is likely in the tens of thousands and could be in the millions! There is no way of knowing right now. One study released this week revealed that 6 of 7 people infected by coronavirus are asymptomatic! They do not know they are infected!
** Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus then compared the known numbers of 206,845 cases of coronavirus to the millions of estimated annual cases of flu cases. Again he does not include the asymtomatic cases, the 6 of 7 people infected who do not suffer severe symptoms.
** If asymtomatic cases are included in Ghebreyesus’s calculation the actual mortality rate of the coronavirus is somewhere between 0.2% to 0.8% or lower.
** Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus’s calculations of a 3.4% mortality rate is off by nearly 3.0%!
Ghebreyesus compared apples to oranges and his numbers were completely inaccurate!
* * * * * * * * * * *
As of Wednesday morning.
There were 7,301 confirmed cases in the US.
There were 116 confirmed deaths associated with the coronavirus in the US.
The mortality rate for those two sets of numbers is 1.6%.
If latest study published in the Science journal is correct then the coronavirus scare will be the greatest hoax in world history causing trillions and trillions of dollars in economic damage.
The WHO and Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus need to be held responsible!”
Read more at www.thegatewaypundit.com
PRINCIPIA SCIENTIFIC INTERNATIONAL, legally registered in the UK as a company
incorporated for charitable purposes. Head Office: 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX.
No one is denying there are serious, even fatal cases of viral illnesses (some are of the Corona type). There always have been and there always will be. No one is diminishing the need for everywhere to take care of themselves (something we should already be doing) and avoid people when sick. What is going on right now; however, is beyond sanity and needs to be checked and reigned in.
I’M FAR MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE ACTIONS OF PANIC-DRIVEN PEOPLE THAN I AM OF A VIRUS.
For expert opinions on the reality of COVID-19: https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2020/03/17/stunning-insights-into-the-corona-panic-by-dr-wolfgang-wodarg/
A few other points that need mentioning:
- According to this, Bill Gates kept stating a pandemic was coming and in 2019 ran a simulation of a Coronavirus pandemic and 3 months later the current “panic” started: https://www.teaparty247.org/youll-never-believe-who-stands-to-make-a-lot-of-money-off-chinas-deadly-coronavirus-outbreak/.
- I’ve called out Gates before on vaccine hypocrisy: https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2019/01/22/bill-gates-former-doctor-says-billionaire-refused-to-vaccinate-his-children/
- And then there’s this interesting 2015 article: https://www.nature.com/news/engineered-bat-virus-stirs-debate-over-risky-research- that has a recently added disclaimer that their story is being unwittingly used for unverified theories that this virus was engineered. Two of the authors work at the Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens & Biosafety, Institute of Virology, in Wuhan, China
- This article states that COVID-19 may use the packing mechanisms of other viruses such as HIV, which compared to the Sars’ way of entry, is “100 to 1,000 times” as efficient. The mutation is described as an “unexpected insertion” by the researchers: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3052495/coronavirus-far-more-likely-sars-bond-human-cells-scientists-say
Key take-aways from the article (you be the judge about engineered viruses):
- Scientists investigated a virus found in horseshoe bats in China and then created a chimeric virus which included part of the bat virus and part SARS virus. They found this newly created virus infects human airway cells.
- Virologist Simon Wain-Hobson points out that this novel virus grows “remarkably well” in human cells, and “If the virus escaped, nobody could predict the trajectory.”
- The study began before a US moratorium on federal funding for this type of SARS, influenza, and MERS research that increases virulence (gain of function). The NIH allowed it to proceed and concluded the work was not so risky as to fall under the moratorium.
- I’ve posted Dr. Francis Boy’s interview where he states COVID-19 IS a biological weapon WITH gain of function properties. Youtube took the video down but I found it here: https://biologicalweapons.news/2020-02-19-covid-19-coronavirus-found-to-contain-gain-of-function-for-efficient-spreading-human-population.html
THERE ARE ALWAYS INHERENT RISKS WITH ALL VACCINES. VACCINE SAFETY SHOULD BE PARAMOUNT.
The Coronavirus Fatality Rate Reported by the Media is COMPLETELY INACCURATE. The Actual Rate Is TYPICAL OF THE FLU – MEDIA LYING AGAIN!
- Estimates have been made about the fatality rate of the coronavirus
- Sometimes estimates are reasonable and sometimes they are off, way off
- The current global coronavirus fatality rate is estimated at 3.4%
- The same rate for the flu is 10% (but the media tells you it’s .1%)
- Actual results for the coronavirus are lower than the flu
- Current estimates between the flu and the coronavirus are not comparing ‘apples to apples’
- Those most at risk from the coronavirus are the elderly (average age of death in 80) and the sick
1. Estimates have been made about the fatality rate of the coronavirus.
Often times estimates have to be made because data is just not yet available. These estimates usually involve obtaining information that is available and making estimates on what is not. We cannot tell the future but we can make educated guesses based on information available. This is what has been done with the coronavirus because this type of virus has apparently never been seen before.
2. Sometimes estimates are reasonable and sometimes they are wrong, way off.
Whenever estimates are made they are always wrong because no one can tell the future. Sometimes estimates end up close and sometimes they are not and sometimes they are way off.
3. The current estimate for the coronavirus fatality rate is about 3.4%.
The estimates for the fatality rate for the coronavirus are shocking. The CDC released one report in February stating the rate varies between 12% and 1%:
Our estimates of the risk for death in Wuhan reached values as high as 12% in the epicenter of the epidemic and ≈1% in other, more mildly affected areas.
A report by the World Health Organization (WHO) and China estimates the mortality rate to be around 3.8% based on actual results:
As of 20 February, 2114 of the 55,924 laboratory confirmed cases have died (crude fatality ratio [CFR2] 3.8%) (note: at least some of whom were identified using a case definition that included pulmonary disease). The overall CFR varies by location and intensity of transmission (i.e. 5.8% in Wuhan vs. 0.7% in other areas in China).
Other reports are that the WHO estimates the mortality rate to be around 3.4%:
The World Health Organization (WHO) has estimated the mortality rate from Covid-19 is about 3.4%. That is higher than seasonal flu and is cause for concern – but even if it is correct, more than 96% of people who become infected with the coronavirus will recover.
As of today, the actual fatality rate for those who were confirmed to have had the coronavirus is 3.84%. This is the number of fatalities from the virus divided by the number of individuals who were confirmed with the virus.
4. The same rate for the flu from actual testing is around 10% but the estimated mortality rate is 0.1%.
As The Gateway Pundit reported earlier, according to CDC numbers, in the US in the 2019-2020 flu season, there were 222,000 confirmed cases of the flu from testing and an estimated 36 million flu cases in the United States. There were 22,000 confirmed deaths from the flu.
Note that the number of deaths and confirmed cases (through testing) of the flu in the US are based on actual data. The number of individuals who contracted the flu is an estimate by experts. There is no way to know who had the flu in the US because many cases are not severe and people do not have a test done to confirm they had the flu. They believe their symptoms are minor and go on with their normal lives thinking they have a cold or something similar. Because of this, the CDC must estimate and they estimated 36 million people had the flu in this past flu season.
The rate of the number of individuals who died from the flu to the number of individuals who had the flu is therefore .1% (22,000 / 36 million). This is an estimate.
However, the rate of individuals who died from the flu to the number of individuals who were confirmed to have had the flu is around 10% (22,000/ 222,000). This is based on actual data similar to the rate for the coronavirus above.
5. Actual results for the coronavirus are typical of the flu.
Based on the above numbers, the actual fatality rates for those who were confirmed to have had the coronavirus are around 3.4%.
The actual rates for those who were confirmed to have had the flu are around 10%.
The actual data shows that the fatality rate for those who had the flu (10%) is 6% higher than for those with the coronavirus (3.8%).
6. Current estimates between the flu and the coronavirus are not comparing ‘apples to apples’.
The fatality rate that is commonly referred to in the media for the coronavirus is 3.4% from the WHO. This number is based on actual cases of those who are confirmed with the virus.
The flu fatality rate provided by the CDC includes an estimate of individuals who had the flu but were not confirmed while the fatality rate for the coronavirus does not include those who had the coronavirus but were not confirmed. This is why the flu fatality rate is .1% and the coronavirus fatality rate is 3.4%!
The two rates are like comparing apples to oranges. By doing so the coronavirus fatality rate is way overstated when compared to the flu and the media has created a worldwide crisis and panic by reporting this!
The coronavirus is not more fatal than the flu based on current data. It is much less fatal than the flu based on current data.
7. Those most at risk from the coronavirus are the elderly and sick (similar to the flu).
Similar to the flu, those most at risk of dying from the coronavirus are the elderly and the sick. The average age for those who died from the coronavirus in Italy is 81 years old. This is consistent around the world. There have been no known fatalities for any children 10 and under.
The sick are also at a higher risk similar to the flu. Current data shows that if you have no pre-existing conditions, your fatality rate if you contract the coronavirus is .9% (and what proportion of these cases are the elderly).