20-Year MD Reveals Major Underreporting of Damage
“I have been a doctor for more than twenty years. I have never witnessed so many vaccine related injuries until this year. There was no plausible explanation for these injuries other than the fact that the patients had recently been vaccinated. I have spoken with colleagues who have also had similar experiences. While some seem willing to accept these vaccine injuries as unavoidable collateral damage in a mass vaccination program, many do express dismay. None of them would speak publicly about their experience.”
~~ Dr. Patrica Lee with 20 years as an ICU MD and surgeon, 9/28/2021
In a letter to top officials at the U.S. FDA and CDC, a fully vaccinated ICU physician spelled out her concerns about and direct experiences with the many adverse reactions she personally witnessed in people who had received a COVID vaccine, including several deaths.
Dr. Patricia Lee, a licensed physician in California with 20 years of experience in the ICU and as a surgeon, said her experience with patients harmed by the vaccine “does not comport with claims made by federal health authorities regarding the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.”
In her letter copied below, Lee described observing entirely healthy individuals suffering serious injuries, sometimes fatal, including transverse myelitis resulting in quadriplegia, pneumocystis pneumonia, multi-system organ failure, cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, postpartum hemorrhagic shock and septic shock.
More alarming yet, she relates how fellow doctors who were seeing similar results were unwilling to share their experiences for fear of the potential backlash. If doctors are not willing to share the severe problems with these vaccines, who can we trust? Many thanks to Dr. Lee for her courage in sending this letter and making it public.
Note: The lawyers for Dr. Lee posted this letter on their website, adding commentary that nine days after she sent the letter she had still received no response, nor had anyone reached out to her. Official government reports on vaccine damages through the FDA’s VAERS system show over 16,000 COVID vaccine related deaths to date. Yet a project funded by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services found that “fewer than 1% of vaccine injuries are reported” to the FDA. See dozens of tragic personal testimonies of those injured on this website. Why isn’t this widely reported?
Letter to Dr. Peter Marks (FDA) and Dr. Tom Shimabukuro (CDC Vaccine Task Force)
By Dr. Patricia Lee
September 28, 2021
Dear Dr. Marks and Dr. Shimabukuro,
As a physician, I am compelled by conscience to write this letter. I am fully vaccinated for Covid-19, but my experience this year with treating patients in a busy ICU does not comport with claims made by federal health authorities regarding the safety of Covid-19 vaccines.
I am a licensed physician practicing in the state of California. I obtained my medical degree from the University of Southern California and received my postgraduate training from Georgetown University and Harvard-affiliated hospitals. I have been a doctor for more than twenty years and I have never witnessed so many vaccine related injuries until this year. As a fully vaccinated doctor, it hurts me to admit this. But I am conscientiously compelled to set the facts when I see them on the front lines.
Below are some vivid examples of damage related to the Covid-19 vaccination that I have observed firsthand. While causality is difficult to clearly prove, my clinical judgment is that each of these injuries was caused by a Covid-19 vaccine because there was no plausible explanation for these injuries other than the fact that the patients had recently been vaccinated. I had a direct doctor-patient relationship with each of the patients listed below and have removed all personal data. To further assure patient anonymity, certain medical but inconsequential details have been withheld or changed to ensure the absence of any PII [personally identifiably information].
- An otherwise healthy patient under 40 developed lower back pain and an episode of urinary incontinence after receiving a Covid-19 vaccine. The day after the second dose, the patient felt numbness and tingling down one leg. The symptoms progressed rapidly, so that a few days later the patient was admitted to the hospital for bilateral leg paralysis. MRI showed transverse myelitis. Weekly follow-up imaging showed that the process continued to worsen and ascend, despite maximum medical therapy. Eventually the patient became quadriplegic, blind and had a tracheostomy placed. The patient developed autonomic dysfunction (irregular heart rate and hypotension) and became cognitively impaired.
- A generally healthy patient in the early seventies with no history of smoking or any previous lung disease received a Covid-19 vaccine and developed a general malaise with loss of appetite and a new cough. According to the spouse, the patient lost more than 15 pounds during that period. The cough worsened over the next month and the patient was hospitalized. The CT scan of the chest showed bilateral diffuse frosted glass opacities typical of COVID pneumonia. However, the patient was COVID negative on repeated tests. The patient has deteriorated clinically and has had to be intubated. Bronchoscopy with alveolar lavage was positive for Pneumocystis Pneumonia, a rare opportunistic infection which typically only affects severely immunocompromised patients such as AIDS or transplant patients. Patient developed multi-organ system failure.
- A generally healthy patient in the early seventies was given a Covid-19 vaccine. The patient then developed vague gastrointestinal complaints and was diagnosed with cytomegalovirus colitis, which was refractory to outpatient therapy. Over the next several weeks, patient was repeatedly admitted to hospital for inpatient treatment. Despite maximum medical therapy, patient developed disseminated CMV and CMV viraemia, usually seen only in immunocompromised patients.
- Two women in their early fifties presented to the hospital after developing acute abdominal catastrophes. Both families reported that the women had developed vague GI complaints shortly following their Covid-19 vaccine, which then progressed to acute surgical abdomen on the day of admission. Both women were taken to the operating room for examination, where several segments of the infarcted bowel were resected. As the ischemic and thrombotic process appeared to be on-going, both patients had to have their abdomens left open in the next several days for frequent re-exploration and repeated resections totaling more than five exploratory laparotomies each. Neither woman had a smoking history. Neither woman had any condition predisposing them to a hypercoagulable state. All of their work-ups were negative.
- A man in his early sixties received the Covid-19 vaccine and developed dizziness that got worse over time. He had no history of smoking and was otherwise healthy. On the day of hospital admission, patient experienced sudden neurological deterioration and required intubation for airway protection. Imaging studies of the head showed cerebral venous sinus thrombosis. CVST is a very rare type of stroke, estimated by Johns Hopkins to be 5 per million per year, with a female to male ratio of 3: 1. Over 85% of patients had at least one identifiable risk factor, such as B. prothrombotic condition, use of oral contraceptives, malignancy or infection. My patient had zero risk factors, other than the fact that he had been vaccinated against Covid-19.
- In my ICU, I have observed a recent increase in obstetric complications. In general, obstetric patients needing ICU care are rare. In a typical year, I would take care of 1-2 such patients. In the last two months alone, I have cared for at least four such patients, two with post-partum hemorrhagic shock and two with septic shock secondary to chorioamnionitis following pre-term labor. All were vaccinated.
Approximately half of the patients detailed above died. Those who survived are struggling with long-term sequelae and a diminished quality of life.
I understand that the above report reflects the experience of an individual health care professional. However it appears statistically improbable that any one physician should witness this many Covid-19 vaccine injuries if the federal health authority’s claims regarding Covid-19 vaccine safety were accurate. I have spoken with colleagues who have also had similar experiences in treating patients. While some seem willing to accept these vaccine injuries as unavoidable collateral damage in a mass vaccination program, many do express dismay. None of them would speak publicly about their experience, with the former not wanting to fuel vaccine hesitancy and the latter fearing potential backlash.
Hence, I am writing this letter to share my experience. I can no longer silently accept the serious harm being caused by the Covid-19 vaccines. It is my sincere hope that the response to this letter will not be to focus on me, but rather focus on addressing the serious safety issues with these products that, without doubt, you have either missed or are choosing to ignore.
On a related note, I work with a number of frontline workers that have seen these harms firsthand. They courageously worked through the pandemic and some have already had Covid-19. Many of them have not received the Covid-19 vaccines and these excellent health workers are badly needed in every hospital, yet they plan to quit or be discharged rather than receive this Covid-19 vaccine. I can’t afford to lose these members of my team. Furthermore, in light of the foregoing, it is unethical to have a blanket Covid-19 vaccine mandate without regards to each individual’s the medical risk-benefit profile.
So I’m asking you to lift the state Covid-19 vaccine mandate and encourage the state of California to do the same. We must return to the practice of obtaining informed consent, born out of a private discussion between a doctor and a patient, without third‐party intrusion.
Lastly, on behalf of the patients and their families who have suffered so much at the hands of this vaccine, and on behalf of my frontline health colleagues who have born witness to these indescribable sufferings, I respectfully request that you at least acknowledge their pain and injury. Denying them the truth of their experience only adds deep insult to their injury.
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and it is my sincere hope that it results in positive change. I can be reached at [redacted] to discuss the foregoing patient accounts and the other serious Covid-19 vaccine injuries in patients I have directly treated but have not detailed in this letter.
Patricia Lee, MD
Note: The lawyers for Dr. Lee posted this letter on their website, adding commentary that nine days after she sent the letter she had still received no response, nor had anyone reached out to her. Official government reports on vaccine damages through the FDA’s VAERS system show over 16,000 COVID vaccine related deaths to date. Yet a project funded by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services found that “fewer than 1% of vaccine injuries are reported” to the FDA. See dozens of tragic personal testimonies of those injured on this website. Why isn’t this widely reported?”