Some of you may already know that Senator Pan in CA recently announced the development of the legislative Vaccine Work Group whose goal is to, among other things, “battle misinformation.”
We’re particularly alarmed about SB 866 that would, as stated, “authorize a minor 12 years of age or older to consent to vaccines” and “authorize a vaccine provider, as defined, to administer a vaccine pursuant to the bill…” SB 866 not only subverts the right and duty of parents to make informed decisions about whether or not their children should receive medical treatment, but it also creates a structure of distrust between the parent, the child, and healthcare providers.
1. Make an appointment TODAY to meet with your CA State Senator today to discuss SB 866.
- Not sure who your local State Senator is, enter your address here to find out (Note: No need to contact your Assembly Member yet)
- Not sure how to set up a meeting and build a trusted relationship with your legislators, watch this webinar.
- Not sure what to say: Talking points are here.
Over the past 7 years, A Voice for Choice Advocacy has established itself as the leading legislative organization lobbying in the California Capitol for your health rights. While A Voice for Choice Advocacy’s lobbying activity in the Capitol is important, your positive constituent relationships with your CA State Senator and Assembly Member and their staff are critical to assisting with A Voice for Choice Advocacy’s efforts in the Capitol.
2. There is a Zoom call tonight at 7:00pm Pacific about taking urgent action on this bill. Christina at A Voice for Choice Advocacy will go through how the legislative process in California works and the specifics of this bill. If you’d like to join, use this link.
We all know that what happens in California may not stay in California. Bills like SB 866 could compromise children and their families in other states, so it’s important that we all come together to support this opposition or amendment. Again, please join the Zoom call tonight if you’re available.
Stand for Health Freedom & A Voice for Choice Advocacy